Saturday, November 30, 2013

Brief up-date 30th Nov 2013


Here we are the 30th November already we have been home 6 weeks how time flies when you are having fun.

The caravan has been at the builders factory for 5 weeks now so I imagine we will get a call soon to collect it and hopefully no more problems or I may slit someone’s throat (probably my own).

Suncorp Insurance made arrangements for the car to be repaired following that incident in WA with the flying caravan awning. It looks like they did a good job and it’s all back looking new again. I drove to the designated repair centre and they arranged and paid for a cab to take me home and when they notified me it was finished they paid for the cab back and all up I probably sat in a reception waiting room for less than 10minutes. I don’t know if this is the norm these days but I thought it was pretty good service all round.

By the time we got home from our trip I was looking forward to getting back on the bike again for a bit of exercise. Eventually after organising the caravan I got it out of the garden shed and gave it a good cleaning, pumped the tyres up and adjusted all sorts of things then sat it in the garage for two weeks while I talked myself into riding it. I have started now and I’m building up the distance gradually each day, already can feel the benefit even if you can’t see it.

I have started painting again at long last, tackling photos of our trip I have started in watercolours to try and master this difficult medium. I have done a couple of pen and wash paintings and a straight out painting that surprisingly turned out acceptable, but I am looking forward to the aroma of pine turps and messy paint to be started shortly.

that's all for now





Main street Historical Beechworth

David hiking the Pound Walk Ormiston Gorge West MacDonnel Range west of Alice Springs

Nancy at Cope Hut Vic Alps this hut was built in 1929 for hikers and skiers to shelter from  mountain storms
has 8 bunks a large wood fired stove a permanent spring at the back and a large annexed woodshed attached.
Still useable today for shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment