Friday, July 15, 2011

15th July 2011

Here we go again. I’ve been delaying bringing this up to date until we had some activity with the house. I’m pleased to say we now have another contract signed although once again it will be a couple of weeks before it becomes un-conditional, ie pest and building inspection and finance approval. Always a wearisome period, not so much stressful but definitely in the back of your mind distracting you all the time. Another pain in the neck is the length of time for settlement 60 days, although if things go well for the buyer it could be sooner. They are auctioning their current home shortly and although the contract is not subject to them selling their house they understandably didn’t want to service two mortgages. So it will be a maximum of 60 days and should they be successful with a sale it could be sooner. Anyway it was worth agreeing to the clause as it gave us an opportunity to squeeze a bit more out of them.
Why do I always get the feeling agents are having two bob each way, I’m sure they tell the seller they can get the buyer up a bit and then go and tell the buyer they should be able to get the seller down a bit, strike a happy medium and pick up their meg- bucks commission without too much effort. Amazing how they can pluck comparisons out of the air, how this house was a bit cheaper but larger, and that one had a pool and a shed, and the other one had two of this and three of that, always a reason to consider reducing the price of your own home. To purloin the expression of a well known politician, “You know what?” I’m not interested in what they sold the other houses for. We only want one person to love our place and pay somewhere near what we want in the current market conditions. The good thing is we don’t have to catch a train but it would be nice to get it all over, so we can get on with our plans.
Geeze! Am I just a cynic or is the Pom coming out in me, I’d hate to be called a whinger so I had better stop now.
Daughter Lisa has taken Nancy off to see Dr. Zhivago tonight so I will be having one of my famous curries washed down with something nice and I shall watch whatever crap “I choose” tonight and when the Tour De France comes on at 10:00pm it will be loud enough to hear it.!!!!!!
Enough from this grumpy old man

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment