Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday 30th July 2011

Saturday 30th July 2011
I guess I got some of my wish last weekend, Australia won the Rugby, Cadel Evans won the Tour de France and our house buyers were successful in selling their own house at auction. You would think I’d be ecstatic, but being a grumpy old man I’m never happy. Monday, we had been led to believe that if the buyers sold their house on Saturday they were going to bring forward the finance approval to purchase our place to Monday. Well the bank decided they wanted a valuation, standard procedure you say, then why the bloody hell didn’t they organise it early in the contract, you know how long winded the banks are these days giving approvals, anything from 2 – 4 weeks or more. Come Wednesday I couldn’t contain myself any longer and phoned our real estate agent to have a big whinge that the bank was running out of time to have a valuation. At least I didn’t open my big mouth and make a goose of myself, just a concerned enquiry, Steve our real estate guru said, “not a problem they did a drive by analysis earlier in the week” !!!!! I hope no-one got billed too much for that one. Then he informed me the financial broker had sent him an email to say financial approval was expected tomorrow Thursday at 5.00pm, that would be nice but 14 business days from contract signing wasn’t until the following week I told him, “Oh it looks like they were able to bring it forward”, he said. Thursday pm Steve’s on the phone, “you were right the bank has said to back off it’s not due until the next week”. Obviously Ray Whites finance broker didn’t read the contract properly, but they assured us it will definitely go through. Ever heard of the saying “It’s not over until the fat lady sings”. You wonder why I am grumpy, well I haven’t stabbed anyone yet.
Oh that feels better I think I’ll start packing to hell with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment