Monday, January 16, 2012

16th Jan 2012

All's quiet on the Western Front, the old saying goes. Well I don't know about that but there's nothing happening here on our Eastern Front either. Last week the concreter's didn't appear as we had expected so we put that down to the very hot days forecasted for the week. This week commencing 16th Jan is when Casey Jackson's work force were all returning from their Xmas break so once again we expected the concrete contractor to turn up today. But laying in bed listening to the heavy rain rattle down in the early hours of this morning I knew not to get my hopes up. Maybe tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nigel I feel so sorry for all of you. I was wondering whether the concreters started or not. I waited until this week hoping there would already be some new photographs on your blog. :-) We "enjoyed" frozen days for nearly a week now. It means the temperature is not in the plus degrees the whole day. During the nights we have -13 degrees Celsius, in the morning like now, 9.45, we have got -6 degrees. Of course it looks very nice outside, all white and frozen and a bright blue sky, which is to change after tomorrow. Dear friends I wish you all luck for getting your concrete work done and have my fingers crossed :-) Big hugs from Switzerland to all of you. Reni

    ReplyDelete