Sunday, January 08, 2012

Sunday 8th January 2012


8th January 2012
The Concreter didn’t start last Tuesday as expected, I’m led to believe that the concrete companies were closed during the Xmas break and weren’t opening until the 9th (tomorrow) so he would have to pay an opening fee to get concrete during last week. I guess it wouldn’t have been worth his while to call his gang in just for a couple of days of setting up. With a bit of luck tomorrow will be all go.
Since my last posting on the 2nd, we have enjoyed great weather albeit a bit hot and humid thank goodness for that wonderful “Bay” breeze, but I don’t envy the concreter and his workers, this coming week is forecast to be hot in the mid 30’s and perhaps a shower or storm early in the week adding to the humidity. Mid 30’s with our humidity is a killer, can you imagine bending and tying steel reinforcing and laying concrete, straight off a couple of weeks break. Just as well some people can do it.

Daughter Lisa has got back into her studies after a couple of weeks unwinding, I think it took some starting but once underway she was right into it, poor girl we hardly see her from daylight to late at night, only about 4 more years to go! I’m expecting a 2000 word assignment to be emailed through for proof reading at any time, I guess that’s what dad’s do.
Lisa said to me this morning that she had slept better last night than she had for ages, purely and simply because she had finally got her head around the topic she was researching and could see the light at the end of the tunnel as they say. When I asked her when the next one starts the answer was “tomorrow”.  I hope after all the effort it’s eventually worthwhile for her.

Still giving the bike a good work out each day, so far I’ve managed to do my 20 – 30 kls before breakfast each day. I have been riding an average speed of between 20 and 24 kls per hour depending upon how I feel, plenty fast enough for me and it’s keeping me fit, as it turns out I’m not nominated for the Tour De France this year. I must admit though it is nice being able to pull in on somebodies wheel sometimes and coast along having a rest for a spell. Needless to say it doesn’t happen too often, the majority are normally going considerably faster than me.

Nancy has started into her walking routine again, she walks to Manly and back each afternoon about 5:00/5:30pm once it has started to cool down, it’s not that far but at least it’s a start and as she feels the benefit no doubt she will increase the distance accordingly.

Well that will do for now.

1 comment:

  1. Well..... Congratulations Nancy. You are a very fit and quiet achiever.

    ReplyDelete